Old 06-09-2007, 10:13 AM posted to aus.gardens
roses beads roses beads is offline

Default native plant suggestion

Hi

I need suggestions for a native shrub to plant along a fence which will grow
rapidly and provide a screen. If it's bird attracting that's a bonus, but
less significant than providing an effective screen, as we've also got
bottlebrushes and grevilleas growing in our yard.

I live in Caboolture shire, north of Brisbane. The soil is quite clay-ish
and drains slowly. It used to be a pine plantation but it has been cleared
and now is host to lots of black wattle trees.

Thank you

Rosie