Old 06-09-2007, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jim is offline

Default Crispy Faerie Holler and other news..........

wrote:

Faerie Holler is a state of being, not any certain place. I took a
25' x 25' piece of city back yard of ugly, weedy, nasty troll lair
and converted it into my enchanted garden in 4 years. The garden was
all in my mind when I started with the flat patch. Gradually I copied
the garden out of my mind and onto the real world. The real garden
exists in my mind, the "hard" copy is a faint representation of that,
a mere work in progress.

It is what we all do in winter. Our hard copy is under snow and we
cant be without our gardens so we turn inward and visit our inner
gardens in our mind, read gardening books, magazines, catalogs, and
now the internet and begin to add, rearrange, change our inner gardens
for the next year.

the way you wrote and shared these thoughts of yours is so
awesome. most would never dare share such thoughts. for
whatever reason you chose to do so I'm glad I was able to
read what you wrote.

the magic meadow is the place that will always exist in my
mind. long after the actual real place was destroyed I
carried the thoughts and memories of times spent there with
me as a reminder of how we can continue to enjoy what was
and is no longer.

So, Maddie, no matter where you go you will take Faerie Holler with
you. Now with your true love beside you perhaps it is fated that you
meant to create a new Faerie Holler, a blend of both your inner
gardens.

I didnt find my true love until I was 36. I had preferred being alone
rather than not being with him. I was worried if I was busy and
distracted by someone else I would miss the call to my true love. So
I had to be happy and busy and out everywhere in the world I could be,
and meet as many people as I could so I would be in the right place at
the right time.

So, Maddie, how lucky you are that you found him. When isnt as
important as it happened.

Ingrid

love to me is a magical mystery and most likely one of the
elements of the physical human experience that is never really
the same in any two people. when asking others to define their
experiences and thoughts with love the answers can vary as much
as the differences in snowflakes, while the general consistency
of the idea being where two attempt to do no harm unto one another.

peace