Old 06-09-2007, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Citrus medica 'Buddha's Hand'

"'Mike'" wrote...
"Sacha" wrote ...
Great excitement down here - Ray has successfully propagated about half a
dozen of these from the small plant I gave him in March *and* the parent
plant has lots of new fruits on it in varying sizes. They aren't used
for
culinary purposes much - apart from candying the peel - but are used to
scent houses in Japan and China, apparently. The perfume of the fruit is
outstanding.
http://tinyurl.com/24ochj

and will these be for sale?

You don't have to wait for Ray's to grow Mike, takes a long time anyway, you
can buy a fruiting one at..
http://www.citruscentre.co.uk/
Personally I'd rather have Lemon, Tahiti Lime, Orange or Grapefruit (in that
order) but they are certainly a talking point.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden