Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default wondering jew

Can second using neat Glyphosate. It was the only thing that worked for
me and I tried everything I could think of.....and more!! LOL

Bronwyn ;-)

George.com wrote:
"bassett" wrote in message

Tradescantia fluminensis - Wandering Jew

How can I rid my garden of this weed, I,ve tried pulling it out,
spraying with "round-up" etc, and all that did was kill everything
else, heavy frosts don't affect it, boiling water , haven't tried
Costic Soda, or Battery Acid.

The big trouble is, it grows under tthe valuable plant's

Anyone got a simply easy, no-come-back way of getting rid of it.

try painting neat round up on its leaves with a small art brush. Give it a
few weeks and see what results. It has worked for me quite successfully.

rob