Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default wondering jew

Tradescantia fluminensis - Wandering Jew

How can I rid my garden of this weed, I,ve tried pulling it out,
spraying with "round-up" etc, and all that did was kill everything
else, heavy frosts don't affect it, boiling water , haven't tried
Costic Soda, or Battery Acid.

The big trouble is, it grows under tthe valuable plant's

Anyone got a simply easy, no-come-back way of getting rid of it.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 AM posted to aus.gardens

"bassett" wrote in message

Tradescantia fluminensis - Wandering Jew

How can I rid my garden of this weed, I,ve tried pulling it out,
spraying with "round-up" etc, and all that did was kill everything
else, heavy frosts don't affect it, boiling water , haven't tried
Costic Soda, or Battery Acid.

The big trouble is, it grows under tthe valuable plant's

Anyone got a simply easy, no-come-back way of getting rid of it.

try painting neat round up on its leaves with a small art brush. Give it a
few weeks and see what results. It has worked for me quite successfully.

rob

Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Can second using neat Glyphosate. It was the only thing that worked for
me and I tried everything I could think of.....and more!! LOL

Bronwyn ;-)

Old 07-09-2007, 08:20 AM posted to aus.gardens

"HC" wrote in message
Can second using neat Glyphosate. It was the only thing that worked for
me and I tried everything I could think of.....and more!! LOL

Bronwyn ;-)

Thank you, I will get some on the weekend.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:32 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Forgot to add, that normal precautions should be used, moreso when using
neat chemicals. Wash any contaminated skin with COLD water.

Bronwyn ;-)

Old 07-09-2007, 03:46 PM posted to aus.gardens

bassett wrote:
Tradescantia fluminensis - Wandering Jew

How can I rid my garden of this weed, I,ve tried pulling it out,

You have to sit on your backside and very carefully weed it out. then
again, when it reappears and eventually uou get it back to a residual.

Leave a short segment and it sprouts.

If you want to glychophospate it, then you need to feed it first and get
it growing well,, then spray it a few days later
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:15:21 +1000, "bassett"
wrote in aus.gardens:

Tradescantia fluminensis - Wandering Jew

How can I rid my garden of this weed, I,ve tried pulling it out,
spraying with "round-up" etc, and all that did was kill everything
else, heavy frosts don't affect it, boiling water , haven't tried
Costic Soda, or Battery Acid.

The big trouble is, it grows under tthe valuable plant's

Anyone got a simply easy, no-come-back way of getting rid of it.

Zyklon B

Regards
Prickles

Timendi causa est nescire
This message only uses recycled electrons