Old 07-09-2007, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jim is offline

Default Crispy Faerie Holler and other news..........

wrote:

my inner garden is walled to stop winter from creeping in. I spent
vacations in New Orleans and I am very influenced by their little
walled gardens, dripping with moisture. I am very much a woodland
nymph type person, I love the high trees and cool understory filled
with ferns. I eschew loud colored flowers. Yellow and white, maybe a
bit of blue. But the greenness of the foliage is all. Ingrid

here in central NC we are in the middle of an extreme severe
extraordinary drought. as a result the wild flowers I usually
enjoy were not available this year. the garden yield was not
up to par and the forest is crunchy dry. it is so dry here a
spark from anything could result in the creation of a raging
inferno whose turbulence most likely surpasses anything I have
imagined in my worst nightmare. God is my keeper and with His
grace bestowed upon me I rest in His love knowing full well of
how all things are granted unto me by His grace. so, I don't
dwell on the the thoughts of the big fire and rebuke them each
time they attempt to mess up my day by depriving me of my peace
of mind.

I live on God's farm where I grow soybean as the main crop on
the open land with a small produce garden to fill my pantry and
supply some others. the forest are my favorite with their
cool heavily shaded secret areas. people don't realize how it
can be 10 to 15 degrees cooler in a forest with it's heavy
canopy blocking the intense rays of the sun. in one particular
spot there are springs bringing cool water from within the earth
creating a special freshness in the air not found else where.
the springs supported several different varieties of ferns along
each bank of the small creek flowing and twisting through the
forest on it's way to a man made pond located at the forest's
edge. this year, it's dry and uninviting. last year it was a
wonderland of beauty. a place I believe you'd have found to be
enchanted.

peace and tranquility 2U,
Jim