Old 03-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Susan Solomon

Default Help! Rust!!

One of the reasons I got JFK (cheap container plant from a hardware store)
was because our local public rose garden has a section of JFK, and they're
tall and beautiful, great bloomers! We shall see.

After checking the rose bed again, the actual worst rust offender is
Ultimate Pink. This one doesn't seem to live up to its billing ... the first
one I had died before coming out of dormancy, and this one (purchased last
year as a blooming 5-gal plant) isn't particularly healthy or vigorous.

I've pulled off and destroyed all the offending rusty leaves, and I've also
stopped watering every other day, so maybe the problem will lessen!

Well, thank you all for your advice!
Sue in SoCal

"Jane Lumley" wrote in message
In the UK I pull and burn affected leaves, and then spray them with
Systhane or Dithane. I had one with bad rust last year (a containerised
plant from a nursery, grrr - but it's a lovely nursery otherwise) and
it's now doing well.
--
Jane Lumley