Old 07-09-2007, 11:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg Gene Schurg is offline

Default Tiny round black bugs,like snail eggs?

Keith,

Yup, I see them all the time on the wood vanda baskets. There are usually a
lot of them and they hid when I water. In 2 or 3 years since I noticed them
they don't seem to do any damage but I'm sure they are eating something.

I don't notice them on the vandas outside but I didn't really look.

Good growing,
Gene

"keith kent" wrote in message
The last couple of months i have noticed tiny black shiney balls that i
thought were moss snail eggs.I went in tonight inthe dark as i have just
fitted a light and noticed that on a mounted plant they were moving on the
bark.Any idea what they are.Too big and shiney for mites,seen nothing like
them before.
thanks keith