Old 08-09-2007, 02:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Wolf Kirchmeir[_2_] Wolf Kirchmeir[_2_] is offline

Default Hey, Rob! The photo attachements didn't work

Ann wrote:
Wolf Kirchmeir expounded:

I get the impression that the data folders you've created are within the
program. You can do that with T'Bird, too, but I don't think it's an
advantage at all. Quite the opposite. My data folders are outside the
program, and even on a different partitions (drives). I'm paranoid about
data loss, and _never_ keep data on the same partition as the program
that generates it. I'm about to implement a RAID1 (mirrored HDD) system
on this machine - two 250GB drives.

No, you misunderstand what I do. I don't create any data folders, all
of the messages I want to keep are held within the newsgroup folder
they originally were viewed in. It's just my preference, I like
having all my rec.gardens stuff in rec.gardens, all of my
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens stuff in there. None of this is mission
critical, if it were, then I'd put it somewhere else, this is all pure
enjoyment for me. I'm not a huge binary downloader at all, either. It
works.

Ok, understood.