Old 08-09-2007, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
keith kent keith kent is offline

Default Tiny round black bugs,like snail eggs?

Gene, i have tried dunking the plants most effected,would be nice to know
what they are though.They are to small for a picture ,so i will keep
looking.
Thanks keith
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
Keith,

I noticed them several years ago. I figure I probably brought them home
with me when I bought plants from Kensington Orchids when they went out of
business 5 years ago.

In 5 years no damage I can attribute to them.

Gene

"keith kent" wrote in message
Hi Gene,yes i notice them more on the baskets.They are
black,tiny,shiney,but i havent seen any damage yet.But you do not see
mite damage until the leaves mottle.
thanks keith

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
Keith,

Yup, I see them all the time on the wood vanda baskets. There are
usually a lot of them and they hid when I water. In 2 or 3 years since
I noticed them they don't seem to do any damage but I'm sure they are
eating something.

I don't notice them on the vandas outside but I didn't really look.

Good growing,
Gene

"keith kent" wrote in message
The last couple of months i have noticed tiny black shiney balls that i
thought were moss snail eggs.I went in tonight inthe dark as i have
just fitted a light and noticed that on a mounted plant they were
moving on the bark.Any idea what they are.Too big and shiney for
mites,seen nothing like them before.
thanks keith