Old 08-09-2007, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Tulip tree - not looking happy

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:33:51 +0200
"David \(Normandy\)" wrote:

I can't believe you watered this year! :\ Many of my new maples are
chlorotic due to water logged roots...

You misunderstood. I haven't watered it (expect after planting it), I meant
all the rain maybe had kept it rather too well watered.

Ah. I grok, only slowly.

Otherwise, hope it makes buds and wait 'til next spring.

I've just had a close look and it has lots of little green buds. Seems like
a good sign then.

It'll probably be fine then, so long as we get some cold weather before it
pushes out the leaves.

I should have mentioned, the tulip tree does well in dry.

BTW, sorry I missed stopping for the creeper seedlings. Things as usual
got a little too hectic. Maybe next spring. I appear to have a bunch of
viable
seed from the yellow Corstorphine plane tree -- the haunted Scottish
maple -- which is very unusual. So perhaps I can arrange for the ghosts
of Lord Forrester and his murderer to convene at your house, too.
(Although
given that we don't know who the other parent is, maybe you'll only get
one ghost.)

-E

We sometimes think the house is haunted anyway, so an extra ghost or two
would keep ours company. I think there was some sort of fatal tragedy at our
house in the not too distant past, our French hasn't yet reached the level
where we can get to the depth of this, other than to understand from our
neighbour that something terrible has happened here. (Other than the English
moving in :-)

Can't have too many of 'em. Anyway we live in "The Suffering" in the town of
"The Coffin." Up the road is "The Mountain of Dead" which is less succinct than
"Death Town." If living in The Suffering weren't bad enough, just past my neighbor,
the 12th century leper colony, is "The Trembling."

Rather cheery hereabouts. Just don't wander around the garden after sunset.
Anyway I hope the Corstorphinse maple feels at home!

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom