Old 10-09-2007, 04:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Maribyrnong Orchid Show

I'm continually amazed at the differences between the orchid types they have
in Australia vs what we have here in the US. They have Australian natives,
dends and cymbidiums. We have those plus just about everything else. But
the types of 'other' orchids, for example their masdevallias, are different
from the masds we have here, too. Sure Peter shows some Falcatas, but
beyond those, their tables usually show stripes and spots that we don't have
here. You'd think there'd be trade routes between us and them, since we do
import from Thailand and SE Asia, but not a lot from Aus/NZ. Weird.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
What a show, Peter. Eye candy, for sure.

Diana