Old 10-09-2007, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Book on show preparation?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote (snip)...

Does anyone know where I can get or even read a copy of such things as
size, condition etc things need to have?
I can find show regulations from the RHS about exhibits being in your
ownership for so long before a show etc and the type of plants but not
that you should leave the carrots root alone or leave the flower on a
courgette etc.

Anyone know where these rules might be? Don't mind buying a bible of sorts
if that's what it takes. At least then we wouldn't have upset exhibitors.
It takes us all our time to encourage them to enter!

"The Horticultural Show Handbook" published by the RHS.
ISBN 0-906603-73-0 (mine cost £5.95 some years ago)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden