Old 11-09-2007, 01:25 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Nutsedge Grass

Steveo said:

wrote:
Peter Pan said:

How do I get rid of Nutgrass from my lawn. I have enough of it where it
will take too long to pull by hand. I would like to seed this week so
please keep this in mind I live in NJ. Thanks

Cyperus esculentus L. is *not* a grass, it's a sedge. To kill it, use
Sedgehammer.

Some call it nutgrass.

I've been told to delay seeding for four weeks following sedgehammer, maybe
that's not chiseled in stone? I've never experimented with seeding right
after the application.

Me either. We apply it in the summer, but we don't seed in the summer. =)

--

Eggs

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.