Old 11-09-2007, 01:24 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Look what I found

I'm poking around the pond and stumble across this thing just sitting in
the water.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...p022007006.jpg
This is one tough lily. It started life as a bunch of bulbs I threw into
the water (that's about as much care as they get at my place). Alas, one
of the bulbs was thrown way short, and landed in very shallow water. Yes,
this was the bulb. It also survived the pond being drained twice, once
when it got enlarged and once when the pond got really low on water,
although the water wasn't completely gone. The plant has been left high
and dry for days at a time, and yet it survives and even blooms. I've
really got to hand it to plants with spirit like that.

--
Galen Hekhuis
Hell hath no fury like a bird in the hand.