Old 11-09-2007, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan McKenzie Alan McKenzie is offline

Default Book on show preparation?

Janet

bought one from wisley last sunday - the horticultural show handbook - cost
about £7.50 - bought it on a visit to wisley rhs garden.
you can also order it on the net just google rhs.
gives you general advice and then individual advice as to what the judges
are looking for - i was prompted to buy it after my first show this year,
cabbage got 2nd and pots got 3rd - courgettes disqualified as nas not as
schedule - put 2 on show instead of three.
think you have to cross reference the show handbook with your individual
shows schedule.
i'm planning to enter lots next year - especially as I won a silver plate
for being the best novice with my gabbage and potatoes.
I just do it to support our own allotment society - there was some rumblings
that this would be the last if not supported well
It was very well supported and the chairman claims it ws one of the best
since they first started

joined the rhs on sunday - got a free carol kline how to grow vegetables
book - very nice to.

Alan
8 miles north of portsmouth

Janet Tweedy