Old 11-09-2007, 03:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Nutsedge Grass

On Sep 10, 6:54 pm, Steveo wrote:
"Peter Pan" wrote:
How do I get rid of Nutgrass from my lawn. I have enough of it where it
will take too long to pull by hand. I would like to seed this week so
please keep this in mind I live in NJ. Thanks

There's nothing much available that doesn't suggest delaying seeding. (four
weeks for sedgehammer) If it's -all- nutsedge you could hit it with roundup
(non-selective) and seed right away.

Yep, agree with Eggs and Steveo. Also, the best time to hit nutsedge
with anything is when it's actively growing. And that's during hot
periods with lots of water. Now it should be diminishing naturally,
rendering anything you use on to it less effective. So, I'd just do
the seeding now, and then deal with the nutsedge next summer. The
selective herbicides are very effective.