Old 11-09-2007, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomatoes and Basil

In article ,
Steve wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:26:56 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

And then there is insalata caprice.

Layer slices of fresh tomato with whole fresh basil leaves and fresh
mozarella cheese slices. Drizzle with vinagrette, chill and serve.

Yum.
In Italy the caprese maker omits the vinegar and drizzles a little EVO
on the dish. True heaven.
And I leave in 10 days...ahhhh.

I envy you. :-)

I actually learned about that dish on alt.binaries.food.

I did not grow any veggies this year (just herbs and stuff) but I do
plan to next year.

Grossery store tomatoes just don't cut it. I need to hit the Farmers
Market before it gets to be too late in the year.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.