Old 11-09-2007, 06:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default riding mower wheel help

wrote in message ...
wrote:
i have a 1992 mtd 18HP riding mower with a flat back tire . i am going
to put a tub in the tire if i can get it off the mower . there is no
nuts or bolts just a coter pin and washer . igot them off NP but
ican't get the wheel to slide off . i have tryed hammering , heat ,
penatrating oil over night , even driving in curcals to see if it
would fall or pull its self off . if anyone has any ideas i would love
to hear them thank you . Mike

Be careful you don't pull the axle shaft out. It can happen. I know from
experience. You need a puller to get the wheel off. Check with a local
dealer or repair shop. They may be able to order it for you.

Something doesn't sound right. I don't remember ever having that much
trouble getting a wheel off - and I've done a few of them for salvage.