Old 08-02-2003, 01:46 AM
Chas Hurst

Default Buying a Craftmans riding mower??

"Ron B" wrote in message
On 2/1/03 23:43, in article ,
"Brigitte J." wrote:2/1/03 23:43

"Ryan" wrote in message
I am thinking about buying one of those Sears riding lawn mowers. We

have
over an acre of grass/lawn. I am 6 foot tall and weight 250 pounds. I

am
new
to this, so I would appreciate it if you can tell me which type of one

should buy. How many horse power, and type of transmission? If you

bought
one, how much should I pay? Can I get it cheaper if I go to a Sales ,
catalog store. Thank you Ryan

We purchased a Craftsman lawnmower 2 years ago. It is junk. I would
recommend buying something else.

Brigitte

IMHO, You should purchase a Craftsman mower IF you are willing to purchase
another mower in a couple or years or so.

For an education, take a look at your local automotive center and see for
yourself how many units are 'in for repair' during the season.

You usually get what you pay for no matter what...

Spend $2K or so, and you get a piece of junk in most cases...

Spend $5K and you will usually have a machine that can last a few

seasons
of use.

I have a Cub Cadet (Model 3235) that is built like a tank and I expect to
have MANY years of service from it without problems with proper

maintenance.

I will NEVER again purchase a less capable machine in any case...

Ron

If I had $5k to spend on lawn mowing, I would hire someone. I bought a
Craftsman lawn tractor 2 years ago. Cost $1400, paid a little more for the
17hp Kohler engine. I've had zero problems, but it only cuts my lawn and
sucks up the leaves. About 2-3 hrs every 5-7 days.
And it's made in the USA, including the tires.

Chas Hurst