Old 12-09-2007, 02:32 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
blacklight blacklight is offline

Default What Flower is this?

On Sep 8, 12:11 am, (Phred) wrote:
In article , "P. van Rijckevorsel" wrote:

You might try looking at _Pultenaea_ species. Several of them native
to eastern Oz look a bit like your pic.

http://images.google.
com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=DVXA,DVXA:2004-38,
DVXA:en&q=pultenaea&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Hmm... That URL's a bit of a pain. :-) Suggest you just google
"Pultenaea" then select the "images" option and work from there.

***
Australia has a very large and unique flora, so I cannot help you. It looks
like a papilionoid flower to me (so in the general vicinity of
http://florabase.calm.wa.gov.au/browse/photo/23495and
http://florabase.calm.wa.gov.au/browse/photo/3713), but there are very many
species in that group, and very many have yellow flowers.
PvR

Cheers, Phred.

Many thanks for your reply. I took your lead and found that, photo-
wise, the closest match seemed to be Aotus genistoides.
With much appreciation for your help - Klaus