Old 12-09-2007, 02:44 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
blacklight blacklight is offline

Default What Flower is this?

On Sep 10, 5:41 am, "Peter B" wrote:
First. I must say I am not an authority, but I do have a book on Sydney
Flora. The nearest that I can get to the image on the Rent-a-cloud site is
Dillwynia floribunda, which is common in the area, grows to 2m and
restricted to wet places in heath and woodland. It seems to be the only one
with a dense head of flowers going some way down the stem. If that is not
the right environment, it might be D. retorta which grows to 1m on dryer
areas in heath and woodland. Also common.

Pultenaea and Daviesia seem to have fewer flowers at the end of the stem.

The legumes in Australia are a very large family and determining them from
images not really practicable. But aren'tthey lovely!

Peter

Thanks Peter for your reply. I followed a lead and found that photos
of Aotus genistoides seemed to come closest.
With much appreciation for your help - Klaus