Old 03-04-2003, 07:08 AM
JennyC

Default Edging

"Gaz" wrote in message
Hello to everyone. New to forum. From Fife.
Currently I am in the process of doing a front garden and I am

looking to
use edging to tidy up. So far I checked B&Q and Homebase. These

shops have a
limited range of concrete edging and log rolls. Can these be bought

easily
from building suppliers at less cost and more range? Perhaps there

are
websites to cater for this.
Thanks for listening.

Kind regards
Gary

You could use empty wine bottles instead :~)

Enjoy the contents first.........
Wash of the labels
dig a shallow trench along where you want the border
Tap the upside down bottles into the trench with a rubber hammer
Leave as much protruding above ground as required
back fill the trench and tap the earth down

This is a cheap and indestructible edging - we've had one bottle break
in 7 years and that was because I was trying to lever a plant out that
was growing near it :~)

Plus you can always add to is as you go along - hic~!

jenny