Old 12-09-2007, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Book on show preparation?

In article .com, Dave
Hill writes

A good judge will say why he has marked you down and what you can do
to improve next time.

Well yes David indeed. The judge for the photography made very practical
comments both for and against each picture which was very welcome.

I remember one Judge at Swansea flower show who one year marked my
display of around 20 varieties of Ivy down as he said "there was to
much green in the display".

Good grief!

Your members may find this site of value :
http://www.nvsuk.org.uk/growing_show_vegetables.php

I've ordered the show book from the RHS then we can explain what is
required on the schedule.

In passing, David, your Texas Dahlia has just flowered, the foliage is
wonderful and dark though the flower has turned out to be acid yellow! I
did get Twinings After Eight which is easier to place in the garden

The scented dahlias , well two did not thrive unfortunately but the
others are looking as if they might flower any day now, are they usually
much later than other dahlias?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy