Old 12-09-2007, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Asparagus

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Wally" wrote:

I want to start an Asparagus bed, I have prepared
a raised bed all ready to go but are unable to locate
any crowns locally, am I going about it the wrong time
of year or what??

Are you in the U.K.? Crowns are sold in the spring, so yes, this is the
wrong time. Unless, of course, you're on the bottom half of the planet.

Even if he is on the correct side of the planet, he'd be a couple of months
too late to find good ones. The only ones left now are well picked over.