Old 12-09-2007, 05:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomatoes and Basil

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Slice French bread in half (length wise) and place under cut side up
under broiler until toasted. Rub toasted bread with garlic. Drizzle
toasted face with olive oil. Place a layer of basil leaves, then sliced
tomato, and finally sprinkle with parmesan or romano cheese. Return,
face up to broiler until cheese browns lightly. Slice into 3" to 4"
pieces and serve.
--
FB - FFF

Damn. You have me drooling. ;-) I've not had lunch yet and was too busy
to eat breakfast. I've not eaten since about 2 am. (I work nights g)

Kinda like fresh pizza.

The only thing I'd add to the above is just a small amount of Marjoram.
Similar flavor to Oregano but lighter, less bitter.

Mexican Oregano is similar to Marjoram, and I actually grow that.

Using fresh tomatoes and herbs in place of a cooked tomato sauce is
seriously the gods...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.