Old 15-09-2007, 11:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default A hint to those posting here for the first time

This information pertains to wherever in the USA you are.

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html
and
Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"mleblanca" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have noticed this is happening a lot as people are wanting
to plant for Fall: no hint of poster's location in the world or
in the US is being given.
For some topics, such as fertilizers or starting seeds, it is
easy to give an answer to anyone, where ever they may be.

But although we are ALL Superior Gardeners here, there is
no way we can give specific plant names without knowing
where these plants will be growing. The best we can do is
give a long list of plants, some of which are going to be
entirely unsuitable for the area in question. So PLEASE
give us an idea of where you live if you want an educated/
specific list of plants for your planting area.

What is evergreen in So Calif. may not be so in Nor Calif
and may not even grow in Ohio.!

Thank you and Happy Gardening
Emilie