Old 13-09-2007, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default When is the latest you can pull rhubarb?

"Gill Matthews" Try the wrote in message
In article ,

says...

Well?

Its a bit stringy by now, but if you have some nice stalks you can keep on
pulling them until you dont. Obviously you should not completly strip any
one
crown but leaving 3 or 4 sticks on each one should be enough

Gill M

I pulled a couple of stalks on Tuesday, sliced them small and put them in a
pan with some honey.When the juice began to run I very gently cooked them
until they were mushy then mixed the lot thoroughly into about the same
volume of sheep milk yogurt and put the basin into the freezer. An hour
later I broke up the frozen mush with a fork and served it as pseudo
ice-cream.

It was very good.

Mary