Old 13-09-2007, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_2_] Wally[_2_] is offline

Default Beetle ID

"Mark" wrote in message

"Wally" wrote in message
Pulling weeds from around my peas today and
saw a beetle that I had never seen before.
(probably because I'm new to veg growing)

It was green, about the same shade of green as the peas,
about 10mm across and very flat, looked a bit like a tiny green crab.

Anyone recognise the description ??

Wally

Shield bugs are green and flat and 10mm across. Was it shield shaped?

mark

I would have said more round than shield shape, I could be wrong.
If it was a Shield bug, are they a bad thing to have on peas??

Wally