Old 13-09-2007, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default stealing from Garden Centres

In France this
summer it was funny to see that everybody was really pleased to tell
me that they also had a ban on smoking in public, however it is not
applied in restaurants, cafes and bars ... g

Smoke has prevented us from eating at French cafes and restaurants in the
UK. There has also been occasions we've stepped through the door at a pub in
England and been hit in the face with a cloud of stinking smoke, so we've
just turned around and gone out the door again. The impact on pub /
restaurant / cafe's works both ways.

Only last week we were in a nice French cafe having a couple of coffees
wondering whether to have lunch there. Some bloke walked in and stood near
us puffing on a cigar. We left.

David.