Old 13-09-2007, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default stealing from Garden Centres

In France this
summer it was funny to see that everybody was really pleased to tell
me that they also had a ban on smoking in public, however it is not
applied in restaurants, cafes and bars ... g

Smoke has prevented us from eating at French cafes and restaurants in the
UK. There has also been occasions we've stepped through the door at a pub in
England and been hit in the face with a cloud of stinking smoke, so we've
just turned around and gone out the door again. The impact on pub /
restaurant / cafe's works both ways.

Only last week we were in a nice French cafe having a couple of coffees
wondering whether to have lunch there. Some bloke walked in and stood near
us puffing on a cigar. We left.

David.

Old 13-09-2007, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 Sep, 16:33, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
Smoke has prevented us from eating at French cafes and restaurants in the
UK. There has also been occasions we've stepped through the door at a pub in
England and been hit in the face with a cloud of stinking smoke, so we've
just turned around and gone out the door again. The impact on pub /
restaurant / cafe's works both ways.
Only last week we were in a nice French cafe having a couple of coffees
wondering whether to have lunch there. Some bloke walked in and stood near
us puffing on a cigar. We left.

My friend Rob opened a pub last year and made it non smoking. At first
we were all like 'is he mad?'. But he was right - people slowly came
and now it's packed. It is a pub like any other - however the beer is
just that little bit better because there's no smoke ;o)

http://www.southmanchesterreporter.c...tep_ahead.html