Old 03-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Help Identify a Rampant Mystery Vine?

John McGaw said:

I've got this vine which has starting getting out of hand in my yard. Last
year I saw a few stray strands of it growing among the Vinca but this spring
it seems to have taken off and looks like it might overtake and smother the
English Ivy in the woods! A picture and description appears at
http://johnmcgaw.com/mystery%20vine.html

I agree with JNJ.

It looks like Euonymous Fortunei (winter creeper). Native to Asia.
"Trailing evergreen that can climb 40 feet or more on a rough
surface by means of stem rootlets. Extremely variable" says
my garden encyclopedia. It's listed in the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's
book _Invasive Plants: Weeds of the Global Garden_.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)