Old 14-09-2007, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Greenhouse insulation

Peter C writes
On 12 Sep, 17:50, "Janice" wrote:
Hi I was wondering what would be better to insulate my greenhouse in the
winter, bubble polythene or envirofleece, or do they have the same
insulating properties?
Thanks Jan

I have used both over many years. Now given up. You will find it
blocks out the winter sun and therefore you get too much dampness and
condensation causing winter plants(shrubs) kept in an unheated
greenhouse to suffer.
For two winters now I have done far better leaving the bubble film
off. Even if you put it on it does not keep out the severe frost.

It clearly depends on your greenhouse and what you are growing in it. In
a heated greenhouse about 14ft x 10ft I have no condensation problems
with bubble wrap, and it enables me to keep the greenhouse mainly above
40 deg F with the occasional night time dip to 32 deg without breaking
the bank, using electric heating.
--
Kay