Old 14-09-2007, 03:26 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Dave Dave is offline

Default Help on this trouble grass

"JS" wrote in message
I am really struggle how to "permanently" eliminate
this type of weed on my brick patio.
Using the weed killer called ROUNDUP
does not really work --- it only makes some of
the leaves turned yellow, and then the young ones come back in a day or so.

What is interesting is that I actually put some landscape fabric on
before we laid the bricks. It sounds like the grass pokes thru the fabric !

Please see the image on the link below:

http://tinypic.com/537zqsm.jpg

http://tinypic.com/6767nl1.jpg

Does anybody in this forum know a better way to solve
the problem?

Thanks in advance

JIMMY

Roundup worked for me for about 2 months. Used 2 applications as the
Bermuda grass was being stubborn. Followed directions, including sunny warm
day criteria. Location: gravel driveway. 4" sub-base, and compressed.
Local weeds are beginning its takeover, Bermuda grass is still brown.

Dave