Old 10-02-2003, 06:24 PM
donald girod

Default snowblowers

I have a gravel driveway and used to have a big two-stage snowblower. It
systematically ate rocks and jammed either the auger or impeller or both,
and I got rid of it in favor of a plow. This works pretty good but a
snowblower would certainly be handy for clearing out in front of the garage
and opening a space to turn the plow (actually a 4' blade on an ATV). Is
there any snowblower design that is relatively rock-tolerant? It would not
have to be a huge one, and right now the area I'm talking about is covered
with #1 crushed stone, so it would not necessarily have to tolerate large
rocks. I need to clear an area about 8' x 70'