Old 15-09-2007, 10:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default Dendrobium kingianum - another

This was a salvage plant in 2004. In one of my favourite areas there's a walk
that ends up on the rocky point of a spur with 270 degree views - with a
scattered kingianum colony on the rocks. Since it's 10 km in from base it's a
good spot for lunch - beautiful at flowering time. If I'm in that area I
usually try to check it out.

But the point is also the start for more intrepid walkers to clamber down the
flank of the spur on more adventurous hikes. I assume someone was careless of
their boots, or didn't even realise what they were climbing over, because there
was this piece - much smaller & looking badly dessicated - lying on the ground
below the rocks, along with sundry small bits.

Brought it home & applied tlc. 2005 - a couple of blooms; 2006 - a few more;
2007 - a lovely display.
Dave Gillingham

Attached Thumbnails
Dendrobium kingianum - another-den-kingnm-w01.jpg