Old 15-09-2007, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
postandrail postandrail is offline

Default How much force to pull out a 4 inch dia beech tree ???

Anybody any ideas how much force to pull out a 4 inch dia beech tree
???

Well its a beech hedge approx 6ft tall x 50ft long.

I have a handy 2 ft dia beech tree close by, and was thinking of
winching them out part way then cutting the roots as I go.

But how much force would be required, so I can judge on the strength
of the rope I need. The winch is no problem as its 10 tons.

Should I use weebing or steel wire ???

Any advice please.