Old 15-09-2007, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default stealing from Garden Centres

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

LOL!! No. You're ok - it's me. This is my 3rd week having quit smoking
and I'm not doing too well. I'm trying to carry on

I quit over ten years ago at the same time as the Mrs. Not had a smoke
since and certainly no desire to do so.
I'd given up several times for varying durations prior to the successful
giving up. The key to success seemed to be one of mental attitude. The
first few failed times there was an attitude of "I'm trying to give up
smoking" - which just seems to cause internal strife. The successful
attitude was "I don't smoke". and "I'm a none smoker". If you take that
attitude you've already won. Never torment yourself saying "I'd love a
smoke" - if you do it's be thin end of the giving up wedge. Just move on.
It gets easier. Eventually you'll regard cigarettes as objects of
contempt.

I found it very easy to give up smoking, it was immediately after I had my
first one in the gods at the Chiswick Empire, it was so disgusting I never
ever went anywhere near another!