Old 16-09-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default 30 Year old homes and landscape

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:50:10 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

Just got two 5 foot franklinias delivered. Now where to plant? I
sort have been going toward a perennial garden for the last 25 years.
Recently I'm inclined towards small trees.

Trouble is my 35 year old mistakes sort of belong where they are.
I'm inclined to chain saw two magnolias as they bloom early bur frost
burn often. Guess my wife and I with make further mistakes.

5 foot tree like a branch in a six inch pot seems small. Who knows
how it will make and I can't remember what our 35 year old franklinia
came here as. Guess Documenting has it virtues.

P.S. Our old one gave us August tree flowers for which I am Grateful.

Bill who must dig a few holes soon.

PS Charlie just tried to find Neil Young's "Journey into the past" a
sound track for his movie in CD.. All I can find is an LP priced at US
$ 99.
I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD.
Pricey (

Ahhhhh.......t'would be a shame to murderate the the magnolias, though
I know exactly what you mean about most often getting frosted.
Beautiful when they are working. Tend to be a bit fragile in old age
as well.

Pricey I would guess! I haven't seen that one laying about anywhere,
now that you mention it. Love Neil's work. First four releases are my
favorites. "Tell Me Why" is favorite song. Know the lyrics? I just
put it on, thanks for the prompt.

Charlie, riding the dark horse

Sailing heart-ships thru broken harbors
Out on the waves in the night
Still the searcher must ride the dark horse
Racing alone in his fright.
Tell me why, tell me why

Is it hard to make arrangements with yourself,
When your old enough to repay but young enough to sell?

Tell me lies later, come and see me
I'll be around for a while.
I am lonely but you can free me
All in the way that you smile
Tell me why, tell me why

Is it hard to make arrangements with yourself,
When your old enough to repay but young enough to sell?

Tell me why, tell me why
Tell me why, tell me why

Enjoy!

Bill