Old 15-09-2007, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default 30 Year old homes and landscape

Just got two 5 foot franklinias delivered. Now where to plant? I
sort have been going toward a perennial garden for the last 25 years.
Recently I'm inclined towards small trees.

Trouble is my 35 year old mistakes sort of belong where they are.
I'm inclined to chain saw two magnolias as they bloom early bur frost
burn often. Guess my wife and I with make further mistakes.

5 foot tree like a branch in a six inch pot seems small. Who knows
how it will make and I can't remember what our 35 year old franklinia
came here as. Guess Documenting has it virtues.

P.S. Our old one gave us August tree flowers for which I am Grateful.

Bill who must dig a few holes soon.

PS Charlie just tried to find Neil Young's "Journey into the past" a
sound track for his movie in CD.. All I can find is an LP priced at US
$ 99.
I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD.
Pricey (

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 15-09-2007, 07:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

William Wagner said:

[...]

I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD.
Pricey (

Just buy a USB turntable, and do it yourself. You could do any/all of your
LP/45/78's.

--

Eggs

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
Old 15-09-2007, 08:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

William Wagner said:

[...]

I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD.
Pricey (

Just buy a USB turntable, and do it yourself. You could do any/all of your
LP/45/78's.

Your right I can get a USB turntable for about the cost of having
someone else do one LP for me. I have a "new Turntable" but it required
some sort of power attachment so it sits. Never Heard of a USB turntable.

Gratefull Bill !

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 15-09-2007, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

William Wagner said:

In article ,
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

William Wagner said:

[...]

I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD.
Pricey (

Just buy a USB turntable, and do it yourself. You could do any/all of your
LP/45/78's.

Your right I can get a USB turntable for about the cost of having
someone else do one LP for me. I have a "new Turntable" but it required
some sort of power attachment so it sits. Never Heard of a USB turntable.

Gratefull Bill !

No problem. My friend has a pretty extensive LP collection, and that's what
he did. Wasn't very expensive (relatively speaking), IIRC.

Good luck
--

Eggs

I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.
Old 16-09-2007, 12:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 9/15/07 5:21 PM, in article , "Eggs
Zachtly" wrote:

William Wagner said:

In article ,
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

William Wagner said:

[...]

I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD.
Pricey (

Just buy a USB turntable, and do it yourself. You could do any/all of your
LP/45/78's.

Your right I can get a USB turntable for about the cost of having
someone else do one LP for me. I have a "new Turntable" but it required
some sort of power attachment so it sits. Never Heard of a USB turntable.

Gratefull Bill !

No problem. My friend has a pretty extensive LP collection, and that's what
he did. Wasn't very expensive (relatively speaking), IIRC.

Good luck

Hmm - I have some old favorites that I'd like have on the computer or on a
CD for traveling.

Old 16-09-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:50:10 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

[...]

Ahhhhh.......t'would be a shame to murderate the the magnolias, though
I know exactly what you mean about most often getting frosted.
Beautiful when they are working. Tend to be a bit fragile in old age
as well.

Pricey I would guess! I haven't seen that one laying about anywhere,
now that you mention it. Love Neil's work. First four releases are my
favorites. "Tell Me Why" is favorite song. Know the lyrics? I just
put it on, thanks for the prompt.

Charlie, riding the dark horse

Sailing heart-ships thru broken harbors
Out on the waves in the night
Still the searcher must ride the dark horse
Racing alone in his fright.
Tell me why, tell me why

Is it hard to make arrangements with yourself,
When your old enough to repay but young enough to sell?

Tell me lies later, come and see me
I'll be around for a while.
I am lonely but you can free me
All in the way that you smile
Tell me why, tell me why

Is it hard to make arrangements with yourself,
When your old enough to repay but young enough to sell?

Tell me why, tell me why
Tell me why, tell me why

Enjoy!

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 16-09-2007, 06:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
sf sf is offline

wrote:

PS Charlie just tried to find Neil Young's "Journey into the past" a
sound track for his movie in CD.. All I can find is an LP priced at US
$ 99.
I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD.
Pricey (

Are you sure you have the name right?
http://www.thrasherswheat.org/tnfy/e...rough-past.htm

It's Journey Through the Past. I found quite a few for less than $99,
but you never know what quality you'll get unless you hear it first.

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Old 16-09-2007, 06:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
sf sf is offline

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:50:06 -0600, Eggs Zachtly
wrote:

Just buy a USB turntable, and do it yourself. You could do any/all of your
LP/45/78's.

USB turntable? Never heard of it. I found an ad that says not to buy
them. So, how do you record from album to CD?

http://www.dak.com/reviews/2020story...sb_tur ntable

Old 16-09-2007, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

PS Charlie just tried to find Neil Young's "Journey into the past" a
sound track for his movie in CD.. All I can find is an LP priced at US
$ 99.
I've got that LP and know A guy that transfer it to CD.
Pricey (

Are you sure you have the name right?
http://www.thrasherswheat.org/tnfy/e...rough-past.htm

It's Journey Through the Past. I found quite a few for less than $99,
but you never know what quality you'll get unless you hear it first.

Journey through the past a sound track. Close but no cigar.

One word off....Not bad for a guy who listened to it 30 years ago.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 17-09-2007, 01:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Just buy a USB turntable, and do it yourself. You could do any/all of your
LP/45/78's.

USB turntable? Never heard of it.

They've been around for a few years.

I found an ad that says not to buy them.

From a company that wants you to buy /their/ system. That's another option.
Most of my friends have phased the turntables out of their audio systems.
If you don't have one, USB is an option. The link you posted is another
option.

The point is, it's possible to save your vinyl, if it's in decent shape.
With software, you can remove the traditional "pops" and "clicks" that are
associated with the vinyl (if you so choose).

So, how do you record from album to CD?

You record to your PC then burn to CD.

--

Eggs

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is
weird, people take prozac to make it normal.

Old 18-09-2007, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html
and
Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com