Old 10-02-2003, 11:44 PM
Judy and Dave G

Default snowblowers

"donald girod" wrote in message
I have a gravel driveway and used to have a big two-stage snowblower. It
systematically ate rocks and jammed either the auger or impeller or both,
and I got rid of it in favor of a plow.

Hello

We also have a gravel driveway. Steep. Long. About 500 feet. We have a
blade for our tractor and it does move the snow, but it also moves the
gravel. Hubby found a great solution. Relatively cheap too. He uses a
leaf blower. Yep. Blows the snow off the gravel. Has been doing it this
way for about 4 years. You have to get out there and blow it before anyone
drives on it, however, or it will not work. He just does tire paths. My
father was visiting one winter and was so impressed he went out and bought
one also. He hasn't shoveled his sidewalk since!

Judy