Old 17-09-2007, 07:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_13_] Jonno[_13_] is offline

Default lemon tree never flowers

HC wrote:
G'day Warren

You reminded of a 'cure' my MIL used some years ago and she swore black
and blue it worked a treat!! We just thought it was amusing, much to
her dismay.

Anyway, her lemon tree was like yours, and someone suggested she put the
axe near it and this would frighten the tree into life. Sure enough the
tree flowered and produced quite a reasonable crop of lemons which it
hadn't done for several years.

Must say the axe beside the tree looked crazy, but she swore the threat
of death spurred the tree into action.

You are allowed to laugh....everyone did at the time!!!

Bronwyn ;-)

Warren wrote:
I have a lemon tree and for the past 18 months I have lived at this
address, I've never seen a flower on it. What could I try? If it
doesn't do something it will become mulch and I'll plant a new tree in
that spott [look out lemon tree, flower and make lomons or your
going]...thanks in advance for any suggestions.

And the other thing, drive a copper nail into it. And a mixed
fertilisers , and they love chook manure. The real stuff not the
pelletised stuff.