Old 18-09-2007, 03:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default organic, non-organic and taste...

In article ,
Carol wrote:

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 07:55:55 -0700, Billy
wrote:

Problem is that this question resonates with one asked every year by a
guy who asks about canned fruit smelling rotten. But for the moment I'll
suspend my better judgement.

We on the autism spectrum, like the fellow you're thinking of, often
have hyperaware senses; ie, chances are canned fruit IS slightly
rotten, but very few sense it. In any case I suspect you'll be
seeing more and more similar questions in the gardening groups, as
more people turn to organic. The difference in taste between fresh
organic and "other" does tend to highlight any oddities, in my
experience. Most of the posters won't be as obsessive as the canned
fruit questioner, but the only answer many times may be "if it
tastes bad, don't eat it." Pretty good advice all around, actually.

Fair enough but this poster started out by complaining of a stinging
sensation which was attributed to the food being organic or not. (I'm
too tired right now to look up the exact quote.) Organics do seem to
have more phyto-nutrients but how this relates to the poster's reaction
is beyond me.

Thanks for your observation.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley