Old 18-09-2007, 01:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

Default Thistle weed

On Sep 15, 1:44 pm, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Any good ideas on how to control thistle ? We have sprayed in the past but
it is very tough and needs a very strong mixture - and we would rather avoid
poisons if we can. . We are now digging plants up as we find them. I've
seen propane torches with long nozzles advertised and I'm tempted to spend
the money.

Ride through the Dakota badlands and you'll see that thistle is a cash
crop for many farmers. Thousands of acres of it. Harvested for bird
seed. What is one man's weed is another man's livelyhood.

Bob