Old 18-09-2007, 09:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Absolute Beginner: Growing Own veg

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
DarrenH wrote:

Hello all

Moved into a new house with a good garden and a dream of growing my own
veg. I'm starting small and working up!

I have dug out a small plot and given it a generous covering of
compost.

Then i went off down to the garden centre to get my seeds and found
that this is the worst time of year to plant anything!

Can any one help me - what can i plant now from seed? or can i buy
sowed seeds from somewhere?

Thanks

Darren

It's not the worst time of year to plant if you want to grow winter
veggies. :-)

Broccoli, Cauliflower, Chard, Cabbage...

some cold tolerant lettuces fi started soon, spring onions, cold tolerant
peas if started now. I got all of those plus broccoli plus bok choy and
endives on the go before winter.

rob