Old 19-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Winsford Winsford is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Can anyone point me in the direction of information on planting up an
herbaceous border? a.g. No plants per square metre? Its 20m x 1m approx.
Also any good websites on Herbaceous Border design??
I designed and built a large mixed herbaceous border over several years - beginning with the demolition of a WWII Nissen hut to make room for it! The step-by-step descritptive story can be viewed on my web site.
Check out the 'Garden World' subsite, then go to 'Gardening Guides'. Look for 'The Design and Development of a Mixed Herbaceous Flower Border Parts 1 and 2'.
Hope it both helps and inspires.
www.winsfordwalledgarden.com
Large garden-based website. Gardens open daily (April-October). New Gardening forums