Old 19-09-2007, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Jim Kingdon Jim Kingdon is offline

Default Citrus/Fruit Tree food

Persephone writes:

I would still like to ask NG if they know of any SPECIFIC uses to
which I can put the leftover formula. Below is the original post:
. . .
The detailed formula, basically 7-3-3, can be found at:

Well, it is a nitrogen-rich fertilizer. Has a number of
microorganisms intended to be beneficial in it (not sure whether I'd
trust them to be alive anymore, especially given how old it is, but
that's probably neither here nor there). I don't really know much
about most of the metals and such (in terms of whether those numbers
are big or small, and what it means).

You can probably use it on almost anything, except a plant that you
want to flower or fruit in the near future (for those, it is too
nitrogen-rich). If in doubt, be cautious about how much you apply
(for example, dilute it beyond the directions on the label).

I don't know, were you hoping for a more specific answer? There's
bound to be at least some trial and error with this kind of thing, but
the main way you are likely to damage your plants is if you apply a
large quantity of some concentrated thing (and 7-3-3 is only
moderately strong, as fertilizers go).

(I don't think symplastless's response has made it to my news server,
so my apologies if I'm duplicating or whatever).