Old 20-09-2007, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Young Steve Young is offline

Default Absolute Beginner: Growing Own veg

"George.com" wrote

"Omelet" wrote

It's not the worst time of year to plant if you want to grow winter
veggies. :-)

Broccoli, Cauliflower, Chard, Cabbage...

some cold tolerant lettuces fi started soon, spring onions, cold tolerant
peas if started now. I got all of those plus broccoli plus bok choy and
endives on the go before winter.

Some of the best spinach I ever ate was planted this time of the year.
Wintered right through. Thought I'd try to duplicate the experience and
recently planted a few short rows.