Old 20-09-2007, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Serena Blanchflower Serena Blanchflower is offline

Default NGS Gardens

* wrote, On 19/09/2007 15:27:
On 19 Sep, 11:36, Serena Blanchflower
wrote:
It's getting there but its still a bit floppy. With a bit of luck, if
the Leycesterias, which are flanking it, get cut back hard fairly
early next spring, it should be up and above them before they get a
chance to catch up! It's not too far off their height at the moment.

Excellent! As with everything we must be patient. I'd have thought
that the Leycesterias would just disappear in winter and therefore
wouldn't need to be cut back next spring. I have forgotten where you
live!?

I'm in Hampshire and, down here at least, the Leycesterias don't die
back but have to be cut back hard in the spring. Last year, a pair of
bullfinches visited a Leycesteria rather nearer the house for their
Christmas dinner, which was a huge treat for me (and, hopefully, for
the bullfinches).

--
Cheers, Serena
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it. (Anon)