Old 20-09-2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
John M. Gamble John M. Gamble is offline

Default Is it just me?

In article ,
Gail Futoran wrote:
"John M. Gamble" wrote in message

It depends upon where you live, of course. The torrential rains
in the north side of Chicago (where I am) revived my rose nicely
after the dry month before. New blooms and everything.

Of course, I have a Griffith Buck rose (my first and only one
so far), which was bred to be tough.

I have three Buck roses, all "Distant Drums".
They do just great no matter what the local
weather throws at them.

Mine is Prairie Sunrise. It had a nice yellow-orange sheen to it
in the picture, which alas hasn't shown itself in the flower in
real life (it's more of a cream off-white here). It may of course
be the local growing conditions - we have dirty sand here under
maybe a half-inch of topsoil - so we'll see how it goes after a
few years of mulching.

But I am wondering if I should have gotten Country Dancer instead.

Hmm. Web site: http://www.ag.iastate.edu/centers/cad/rose1.html

--
-john

February 28 1997: Last day libraries could order catalogue cards
from the Library of Congress.